Thursday 1 August 2013

Project Tattoo



Recently, my boyfriend decided that he wanted to get a tattoo (about time, judge me if you will, but I love them) and asked me if I would do a few design ideas for him to play around with. He wants the tattoo to feature a bear and possibly an eagle, maybe even a lion so naturally I began by researching illustrations of all three, and found some AMAZING things, which I'm reluctant to post as, although I found nothing to suggest the images were copyrighted, I didn't want to risk it/ upset the artists, plus the whole copyright ordeal quite frankly terrifies me. Better to stay out of it!
 
Im thinking of maybe working around a jungle theme (do lions bears and eagles all reside in the same place? probably not...who knows?) So my designs are still very much a work in progress, quite honestly I’ve just about managed to nail a basic drawing of a bear without it looking like a mutant, but nevertheless I took a crack at it, and here’s what happened...

 
Obviously, this isn't the finished article (these would make terrible tattoos) but I thought it would be interesting to show how I develop my ideas into designs, and maybe post the development of the designs and hopefully the finished tattoo... so what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment