Wednesday 21 August 2013

Festival Fashion

Well hello there! I recently got back from v fest, where I saw some absolutely AMAZING outfits, which inspired me to blog about my favourite festival essentials available both online and on the high street. Before I start I'd like to mention that I did ask permission to use all of these images, so please don't use them before contacting the owners!

Ill start with a few of my own garments I took along with me...
The first is my amazing silk kimono from Topshop (where else?) Infact I might as well save my finger strength and start by saying that they're all Topshop because Topshop is amazing, there. I must say though, I did feel particularly cool in the fringed top with my denim cut offs and my hunters (another festival must have)
 
If you're going to a festival this year (still Leeds fest and creamfields to go!) you NEED a head accessory of some sort, I didn't take one and ended up buying a pretty crap one from a stall, I wish I'd been more prepared, there were some seriously cool ones about! I've done a bit of browsing and found a few of my favourites on asos marketplace.
Floral Headbands by babs-matee29 https://marketplace.asos.com/seller/babs-matee29?oss_ss=1

 floral headbands by Rouge Pony https://marketplace.asos.com/boutique/rouge-pony


 
 
You don't need me to tell you that you're going to need some denim shorts, it rained most of the weekend and I still lived in mine, mine were just some old ones I have which were my mums! just plain old denim shorts, but I love them. BUT... I've found a seller of denim shorts with a twist, for if you're looking for something a bit different, which we all are of course!

 
At V fest, there were kimonos everywhere you looked, it's safe to say they've hit the big time, floral ones, Japanese style ones, embellished ones, you name it. But kimonos arn't just for festival season, they're for life! I wear mine all the time! they're amazing for dressing up plain old skinny jeans and a top, and you can definitely find one to suit your style, because there's so much choice, here are my favourites...
 
 
black DUSK have some great products on offer, my personal favourite is the orange chiffon kimono (middle) because I think it would look amazing at a festival with denim shorts and some jazzy jewellery, but then it would be perfect to wear shopping or out for lunch, I love the bright statement colour!
 
So there you have it! if you're going to a festival this year you should definitely check out asos marketplace before you go, you can find some great unique things on there, I'd also just like to say a massive thanks to all of the sellers featured for letting me use your images! 


No comments:

Post a Comment